2008/05/26

5/24 Dinner at Nenohi, Ginza Glasse 10F

I took a special guest from Hong Kong to my favorite Japanese restaurant in Yurakucho/Ginza area (with my girlfriend also!). Yes, of course, the restaurant is "Nenohi" in Ginza Glasse building which opened on 4/23 Wed . (The other restaurant in Tokyo is in Oazo building, Marunouchi.)

The photo on the right is when I went on the opening night on 4/23 with 3 other ex-colleagues.....a very special guest Muhsin came to Japan after 7 years.....the restaurant staff are very friendly and even gave some gifts to take home - so Muhsin took 2 "masu" for drinking sake. (In fact, I went for lunch on the same day! - drinking beer etc etc)


The food at Nenohi is very healthy, fresh, top quality, and though Nagoya-born (flavour tends to be very strong), the flavour is just the right level (not much salt). And the atmosphere is very much modern Japanese (I hope I'm right on this one!) and I really like it. My favourites are Tsukune (red chicken meat ball) dipped in egg and Nagoya-style Oden (a Japanese dish which has a variety of different things such as steamed fish cake, tofu, egg, vegetables, etc boiled together in a broth seasoned with soy sause --- is this right? --- but Nagoya-style means with miso sauce instead of soy sauce. And what's even better is - they have a wide selection of original sake - Morita is great.

It is interesting that not many people know, but this restaurant is run by a group called Morita Foods, and has over 300 years of history......currently run by the elder son of SONY founder Akio Morita, who was the former chairman of the same group.....interesting!?

0 件のコメント: